Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Love is All Around Us.....









Valentine's Day to me is a holiday that celebrates love. What is it to you? What do you love most about Valentine's Day? Could it be the chocolate....? The roses....? I'd love to hear from you!
Please join me for "Show and Tell Friday" over at the beautiful My Romantic Home blog!! Don't miss out on this creative fun!

 I hope you enjoy my latest inspiration. I found these adorable sets of "angel" wings a few months ago at Camas Antiques and I just had to have them. I didn't know what I would do with them at the time, but these little beauties just had to come home with me. I started out by making these sweet little millinery flower cones. I liked them well enough, but they still needed a little something..... once I added the wings, then the cherub, I LOVED 'EM! What do you think? Don't you just love music sheets? It has such a simple elegance~kinda like a string of pearls with jeans~. I'm in love with little frames. I have been on the hunt for them for years. The scrolly ones are my favs. I remove the little glass squares from the frames to make 3-D art. I came up with a few Valentine themes this go 'round. The bottom photo is of a Valentine garland with pink glittered letters. Simple elegance & some sparkle. I'll be sprucing my booth in Camas tomorrow and these goodies will be on display. I wonder if they will find their way into anyone's heart this Valentine's Day?
Blessings to all, Raylene

11 comments:

  1. Hi Raylene,
    I have been wanting to make some cones, but OMG those wings on yours take them to an amazing level!! Gorgeous:-)) I love all your Valentine pretties!
    hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness...these wings are sweet! I would have a hard time working at the store because I'd be spending my paycheck on all the goodies that I would find....lol. Hope to catch up with you soon.

    Blessings!

    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy bee, Raylene! These are all so sweet! I completely agree with you about the sheet music...so simple and elegant and I love how you've mixed it in with the darling cherubs and fancy frames! You go girl! My favorite thing about Valentine's Day...probably all of the pink everywhere! Speaking of pink, your blog looks great! I am loving the wallpaper! So chic!
    Best Wishes and God Bless,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet Raylene...I have got to start getting crafty! Love is in the air...and I am huge fan of dark chocolate! Thank you for your message the other day! I hope to see you soon!
    Hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Blogging and yours is gorgeous! I've just looked around and I love your booth, your creativity and your collectibles! I'm happy to be following! Hope you come visit me sometime soon! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad I found you blog. I am a follower.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there,

    Welcome to the wonderfully fabulous world of blogging!.., And what a lovely addition to 'blogland' your beautiful blog is!

    Let me see; amongst the loveliness and sheer fun of getting to see your pretty Valentines creations, I must say that I love the overall romantic ambience, all of the visual spendor and at times, even charmingly comical, cute and fun vintage Valentines themes and cards..,

    ..,Best of all I adore the overall theme of the celebration of love, as well as all of the hearts, lace, flowers, ribbons, yummy treats and chocolate about Valentines!..,

    Please do feel most welcome to also pop over to my blog sometime, where I love celebrating mostly all things, 'tea time', vanity table, whimsy and romance..,

    I'm delighted to be your newest follower and perhaps you'll also kindly consider doing the same for me!

    Have a wonderful week and keep creating!~ I love what you've created; especially the angel wings that you added; so utterly charming!

    Hugs and cheers from Wanda Lee
    @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Valentines creations! I just found your blog and I love it! Your blog banner photos is so beautiful! I'm your newest follower!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very sweet Valentine's project, Raylene!
    Have a wonderful week!
    xoxo,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness your Valentines are heavenly! Makes me want to make one! Ooohhh la la! I love hearts and chocolates and anything romantic for Valentines...romance can sometimes be what you make it!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so talented!! I love the cones, very inspiring! You have a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete